Find the Right Small Business Marketing Consultant in NYC
Myself and the rest of my consultant team at ProStrategix have worked with small businesses on a number of marketing jobs and pitches throughout our time together. But more often than not, potential clients ask a very fair question:
“Why do I need a marketing consultant for my small business?”
Well, it boils down to 3 main things. First, we can help you identify the best target for your business. You can waste a lot of time and money trying to sell to the wrong people. Second, we can help you craft the right message that is motivating to that target. Finally, we can help you choose the right media so that message reaches its intended target.
Marketing Consultants Can Find the Right Audience and Campaigns for Your Small Business
One of the hardest parts of small business marketing is finding the proper audience to target and making sure that you are campaigning to them appropriately. According to the Digital Marketing Institute, a marketing consultant’s skills include strong communication skills, proof of marketing success, marketing automation experience, knowledge of branding, and more.
Beyond that, there are a few different responsibilities for a marketing consultant to have.
Finding the right audience
Identifying an audience for your small business is one of the first skills expected for a marketing consultant. It isn’t just about knowing your audiences’ demographics, ages, genders, and wealth brackets; but it is also about the psychological needs and habits of the types of people who are looking for solutions that your company provides.
Build the right message
This is where knowing the target both on a demographic and psychological level helps. Humans are emotional decision–makers. We like to think we aren’t, but emotions have been proved time and again to be more compelling than facts. Marketing is fundamentally about behavioral change. By knowing and solving the emotional need that customer has, you can have a more compelling message.
Determining the campaigns to run
There are so many different types of marketing strategies that exist in 2020; it can be hard to pick what is right for you. A marketing consultant will work with a small business in order to determine the media that your target uses the most. Once you know, it’s much easier to choose whether a digital campaign or a print campaign or emailing or one-on-one interaction or anything is right for your small business needs.
This is the kicker. Anyone can run hundreds of campaigns or target the widest audience possible. But a small business marketing consultant can identify the most cost-effective and useful strategies based on your target’s media habits. A marketing consultant has the experience needed to simplify this process. If you are doing everything yourself or are giving tasks to a marketing agency, you can quickly become overwhelmed.
Forms of Marketing Consulting to Consider
There are different breeds of marketing consulting firms that your small business might want to hire. Here are some of the most common forms of marketing consultancies, with some info pulled as well from Brent Purves in his article about defining marketing consultant roles.
- Client Acquisition Consulting – Client acquisition is simply about connecting specific kinds of clients with more specialized types of professions. For lawyers or real estate agents or other kinds of industries with smaller client numbers, this might be the right choice.
- SEO Consulting – If you’re looking to make content native to your site while also expanding your reach, consider SEO consulting. This is how you can rank higher on Google and other search engines, while also making the kinds of digital ads that most benefit your type of business.
- Social Media Consulting – This is critical for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more. If you’re reaching out to people through social media, you’ll need the right skill set to interact with your potential customers.
ProStrategix handles these and other types of small business consulting when it comes to marketing so that we can help you with all of this and more.
Small Business Marketing Consultants in New York City
In New York City and similar cities with large small business communities, competition is harder and your need for specialized marketing is more specific. This is where small business consultants are most useful for your marketing needs.
When we work with businesses in New York City, we know that the stakes are higher. That’s why we provide specific kinds of help for small businesses in New York City and other large areas. We take our responsibilities seriously when it comes to your marketing needs. If you want to reach out to the whole of New York City, we’re happy to help.
These are 3 reasons to hire a marketing consultant, which all boil down to saving you time and growing your sales:
- Find the Right Targets: If you aren’t targeting the right demographics, you might be wasting your resources. Consulting agencies can help with that.
- Send the Right Message: The content you’re delivering to your audience will always be important. If you promise something you can’t deliver, or if you’re not sending a message people need to hear, you’ll be facing issues.
- Use the Right Media: Making a small business successful in New York City can be very hard, but it isn’t impossible! Find the kinds of media that your audience uses regularly and take advantage of that knowledge.
If you liked what you read, please share:
Brian Cairns, CEO of Prostrategix Consulting. Over 25 years of business experience as a corporate executive, entrepreneur, and small business owner. For more information, please visit my LinkenIn profile
How to information on the topics most pressing to small businesses. Read more and register for our fast, easy, video tutorial sessions how you can use our tools to help your business succeed.